There is something so fulfilling in offering something as prasadam when it is made by oneself -Even if it was only arisi and paruppu.
Made me very happy today.
Having always witnessed grandma/mom/aunt make the neividhyam and always been only a silent spectator when it came to making but an active participant when it came to eating,this was the first time I made something and offered it as prasadam.
In other news,have you ever heard of house-help using Dove shampoo to wash the bathroom?
Well,you heard it here first and unfortunately that’s my maid who did it :@
Have been reading way too many fiction these days.Especially of the mindless kind.I don’t know about you,but they sure keep me happy!
Mindless junk,I mean.
There is something so wonderful about happy endings-impossible as they might seem to a normal eye.
However I do want to broaden my reading horizons-seriously,don’t laugh at the cliched sentence. I do mean it.
Have found some new authors that I haven’t tried yet on many other bloggers reading list-planning to read up on them as soon as I can !
Parents are dropping me off at the airport just so they can happily skip,jump in a I-don’t-believe-my-luck kind of way on their way back home.
D:”So,she’s left to her place”
M:”I know,I know-I can hardly believe it,don’t say it so many times-you might jinx it !
D:*praying hard and touching wood simultaneously* -“Ok”
M: *Starting to laugh suddenly*
D:What? What? She’s checked in and on her way to Bangalore.Don’t laugh like that,you scared me for a second.
M:Well,I was thinking of the poor guy getting back to Bangalore .
D:chuckles to himself slowly at the thought.
*both of them look happily out of the window as the rain pelts the car amongst others..*
Today I saw something so beautiful that I am struggling for words to recreate whatever I saw and however I felt.
Saw the Gateway of India,The Taj Mahal Hotel,The Oberoi Hotel.
But is any of this the oh-so-beautiful thing I spoke of?
No,although they were beautiful in their own way.
But what takes the cake,for me,would be the Sea.
The beautiful,beautiful sea.
There are honestly no adjectives I can think of to describe how the sea looked when standing outside the Taj Mahal Hotel .
I wish I had pictures that told the stories instead of these silly words of mine.
It was simply fabulous.Mesmerizing.
And the gorgeous Marine Drive. I could hardly remove my eyes from the sea. It was riveting,distracting,what-not.
It was as if the sea was watching over all the happenings of the city,of all the people,of everyone basically.
I don’t know,I am not being very coherent-suffice to say it was simply marvellous.
Leaving Mumbai tommorrow back to Bangalore…
Sometimes there is no reason on why we stop doing something-Blogging was one such thing I have no idea why I stopped,considering the obvious-I love writing.However , it can also safely be said that -Sometimes there is no reason on why there is a compelling urge to do something and getting back to blogging today is one such.I have no idea why I suddenly decided I must blog right now but it was just that.
A lot has happened since I blogged last-in order of importance-
-The wedding-umm,I mean mine.
-Quitting my job.
-Got to spend LOTS of time with family due to said quitting.
-Currently,contemplating on the future in terms of what I can do vs what I want to do.
-Actual cooking (Hard to believe,right???I know,I know,I know)
-A lot of reading,movies and music 🙂
Now here is where I promise to blog MUCH more often henceforth.I do really promise-for my own sake atleast.
Is there anyone else who loves the song mazhaivarum from the movie Veppam ???
I heart that song,really.Truly,truly.
did this tag on fb..felt like posting something here but don’t feel well enough to type a post-so here’s something thats been lying around..
Have you read more than six of these books? The BBC believes most people will have read only six of the 100 books listed here.
Instructions: Copy this into your notes. Bold those books you’ve read in their entirety. Italicize the ones you started but didn’t finish or read only an excerpt from. Tag other book nerds. Tag me as well so I can see your responses!
1. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
2. The Lord of the Rings – JRR Tolkien
3. Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
4. Harry Potter series – JK Rowling
5. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
6. The Bible
7. Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
8. Nineteen Eighty Four – George Orwell
9. His Dark Materials – Philip Pullman
10. Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
11. Little Women – Louisa M Alcott
12. Tess of the D’Urbervilles – Thomas Hardy
13. Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
14. Complete Works of Shakespeare
15. Rebecca – Daphne Du Maurier
16. The Hobbit – JRR Tolkien
17. Birdsong – Sebastian Faulk
18. Catcher in the Rye – JD Salinger
19. The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey Niffenegger
20. Middlemarch – George Eliot
21. Gone With The Wind – Margaret Mitchell
22. The Great Gatsby – F Scott Fitzgerald
24. War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
25. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
27. Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
28. Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
29. Alice in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
30. The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame
31. Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
32. David Copperfield – Charles Dickens
33. Chronicles of Narnia – CS Lewis
34. Emma -Jane Austen
35. Persuasion – Jane Austen
36. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe – CS Lewis
37. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini
38. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin – Louis De Bernieres
39. Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
40. Winnie the Pooh – A.A. Milne
41. Animal Farm – George Orwell
42. The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
43. One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney – John Irving
45. The Woman in White – Wilkie Collins
46. Anne of Green Gables – LM Montgomery
47. Far From The Madding Crowd – Thomas Hardy
48. The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
49. Lord of the Flies – William Golding
50. Atonement – Ian McEwan
51. Life of Pi – Yann Martel
52. Dune – Frank Herbert
53. Cold Comfort Farm – Stella Gibbons
54. Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
55. A Suitable Boy – Vikram Seth
56. The Shadow of the Wind – Carlos Ruiz Zafon
57. A Tale Of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
58. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
59. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time – Mark Haddon
60. Love in the Time of Cholera–Gabriel Garcia Marquez
61. Of Mice and Men– John Seinbeck
62. Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
63. The Secret History – Donna Tartt
64. The Lovely Bones – Alice Sebold
66. On The Road – Jack Kerouac
67. Jude the Obscure – Thomas Hardy
68. Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding
69. Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie
70. Moby Dick – Herman Melville
71. Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens
72. Dracula – Bram Stoker
73. The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett
74. Notes From A Small Island – Bill Bryson
75. Ulysses- James Joyce
76. The Inferno- Dante
77. Swallows and Amazons – Arthur Ransome
78. Germinal – Emile Zola
79. Vanity Fair – William Makepeace Thackeray
80. Possession – AS Byatt
81. A Christmas Carol – Charles Dickens
82. Cloud Atlas – David Mitchell
83. The Color Purple – Alice Walker
84. The Remains of the Day – Kazuo Ishiguro
85. Madame Bovary – Gustave Flaubert
86. A Fine Balance – Rohinton Mistry
87. Charlotte’s Web – E.B. White
88. The Five People You Meet In Heaven – Mitch Albom
89. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
90. The Faraway Tree Collection – Enid Blyton
91. Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
92. The Little Prince – Antoine De Saint-Exupery
93. The Wasp Factory – Iain Banks
94. Watership Down – Richard Adams
95. A Confederacy of Dunces – John Kennedy Toole
96. A Town Like Alice – Nevil Shute
97. The Three Musketeers – Alexandre Dumas
98. Hamlet – William Shakespeare
99. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – Roald Dahl
100. Les Miserables – Victor Hugo
When you have
- a person who will know from your voice tenor if all is indeed well or not..
- person who will do crazy crazy stuff all in the name of sisterhood(if at all i can call it that)
- MANY people who will listen to you crib,whine,polambify,complain(i know,they all mean the same in effect..but still:) ) and NOT complain or say a word that does not soothe the frayed nerves.
- a person who will call despite knowing you won’t pick up,just to say she was thinking of you..
- people who will message despite knowing they won’t get that reply because they understand you’re “too busy”..
- people who let you make total fools of them for fun just because they love the way your eyes light up and smile/laugh ..
- people who send the most thoughtful stuff across the seven seas just because you are always in their thoughts,the distance notwithstanding..
- people who ask you to put your wedding shopping on hold so that they can join in the fun and help you..just because they want to be a part of this major event in your life..
- tough person who became clay that can be moulded the way you want the minute he set his eyes on you oh-so-many-years ago…all he wants is for you to be happy and for that he will MOVE mountains..
- people who are there for you no matter the time of the day just because you wanted to talk..
- people who go out of their way for the smallest of favours you ask and THEN make it seem like it was an honour for them to have helped you!!!!
- people who go about doing every SINGLE thing they can to better your life,non-complainingly..just so you’re happy.
- people who will pray for you regardless of your sheepishly asking them to do so…
- people whose happiness know NO bounds when you speak to them for a few minutes in the midst of your supposedly “busy schedule”..
- people who love your quirks,mannerisms,flaws, basically everything about you-however nutty they may seem ..
you want to say-
To ALL these wonderful,brilliant people who are ALL a part of my life- i am so so grateful..where would i be without you all in my life,i don’t know..
You people make my life worth it-every single second.
And this is just to say,i love you all.I know that i probably drive a lot of you up the wall at times but for the most part i don’t think i do so to all of you ALL the time 😛
So,some saving grace there eh? 😛 😛